I’m not very consistent. This collection of links has gone through a number of platforms and domain names over the years, and I regularly change my mind about how to organise and display everything. WordPress categories and tags can be used in many different ways, or not at all. I like to think of my categories as headings in a table of contents at the front of a book, and my tags as forming an index at the back.
- The Art & Design category groups together interesting articles and links about AI, animation, art, design, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, sculpture and typography, amongst others.
- Data & Records is a category for articles about data visualisation, charts and spreadsheets, as well as data protection, privacy, GDPR and records management, that kind of thing.
- The Education & Standards category groups together articles I’ve found about children, schools and universities, and exams and standards, and so on.
- I use the Media & Society category to scoop up topics like books, music and movies, politics and science, philosophy and language, and the world of work and productivity, and so forth.
- The Technology & the Web category is the home for articles about the internet and email, phones and social media, and the history of technology and computing et cetera.
2022 – Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Nov / Dec
2015 – Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / Jun / Jul / Aug / Sep / Oct / Nov / Dec
The thing I enjoy most about this blog — well, any WordPress blog, I think — is the random link. Add that to your blog somewhere, and you’ll find yourself saying “Oh, I’d forgotten I’d written that!” over and over again for the rest of the afternoon.